Did you know that Colombia.....?
- Stretches over approximately 1.140.000km², roughly equal to the area of Portugal, Spain, and France put together.
- Is number 1 in biodiversity per sq meter in the world.
- Has the longest coast on the Caribbean sea (1609m).
- Has the second biggest population in South America (44 millions).
- Occupies the northwestern end of South America, and is the only country with coasts on both the Pacific (1350 km long), and the Atlantic ocean (1609 km.).
- Has 3 mountain ranges (The Andes).
- Has the oldest democracy in Latin America.
- Is world’s largest producer of emeralds (60%), frogs, birds, carnations and orchids.
- Is the second producer of butterflies, plants, fresh water fish and roses in the world.
- Third producer of coffee, reptiles and bananas in the world.
- Fourth in producing coal, nickel and water in the world.
- Has 22 cities with more than 100,000 inhabitants and 8 with more than 500,000 inhabitants.
- Has the oldest Indian tribe in the planet: The Kogis.
- Has 3 times more water/sq m. than the average in Latin America and 6 times more than the world average.
- Reached the position of #2 exporter of flowers in only 30 years.
- Is world leader in sugar productivity.
- Students have the highest grades in doctoral candidates in the US.
- Universities are of the highest caliber in Latin America. 88% Literacy rate.
- Has 37 billion estimated oil barrels of reserves.
- Has huge coal reserves - World's fourth largest producer.
- Has the largest open pit coal mine in the world.
- Has the largest gold deposits in South America.
- Has 10% of the world's biodiversity
- Has 20% of the world's bird species
- Had the largest peace march in the history of humanity (11 million people)
These statics are taken from the site: www.yocreoencolombia.com
Did you know that DE UNA.....?
- Is founded on 19 of August 2004 by 2 Dutch guys who met each other in Colombia.
- Is the best informed travel agency in Colombia and knows personally all the destinations in Colombia
- Offers 7 different roundtrips, special trips with guide, many package to different destinations, roots travel and custom made travel
- Also can help with the booking of the (inter) national flights, hotels and transfers.
- Can provide all kind of information about Colombia.
- Can provide the best and up to date information about the security situation in Colombia.
- Uses the experiences of their customers to improve the services.
- Always looks for new destinations and possibilities for their customers.
- Has their head office in Bogotá and a small office in Medellin.
- Has contracted more then 7 persons full time and can make use of hundreds local contacts and free lance guides.
- Is a growing travel agency and always is looking for new personnel.
- Works together with a number of other travel agencies in the world who sell our products.
- Answer emails in Spanish, Dutch, English and German within 24 hours after receiving.
- Sponsors a foundation in Medellin and in Cartagena.
- Their own t-shirt line has.
- Is sponsoring a football team in Bogotá.
- Has clients from all over the world.
- Designs and writes all content on their website.
- On an average day about 200 visitors has on its website.
- Has taken all the photos which are published on this website.
- Is by far the best option for a holiday in Colombia!!!!