Roundtrip Costa Caribe - 14 days
- Price and dates
This roundtrip is a perfect combination between the well-known Caribbean destinations like Cartagena and National Park Tayrona combined with the unknown beaches and islands of the departments Sucre and Cordoba. Despite the high doses of sun, sea and beach there is also enough for the nature and culture lovers to be satisfied. We will see some Arabic influences in the little town of Lorica, the Spanish colonial style in Cartagena and Santa Marta, and to end with the old culture of the Tayrona Indians. Nature can be found in abundance in the Golfo de Morrosquillo as well as in NP Tayrona & Taironaka.
The tour starts in Monteria where we will leave to the Golfo de Morrosquillo. Here we will visit the beautiful beaches of Playa Calao, its surroundings and the islands of San Bernardo. Then we go on to Cartagena where we will experience the rich culture and history of this beautiful colonial city. Also Santa Marta, the oldest town of Colombia is on the program.We will finish this tour in National Park Tayrona where we can enjoy the most beautiful beaches of the Colombian Caribbean coast, the beautiful nature and walk to the ruins old the old Tayrona civilization, 'El Pueblito'. The tour does not end before we visit the another nature park, Taironaka, with besides a lot of wildlife, flora and fauna the striking Don Diego river.
A roundtrip ideal for young and old, to book as a group tours by choosing one of the planned starting dates or as a private tour on any given date by a group of 2 or more people.
|Prices per person
|With minimal 4 people:
With 3 people:
With 2 people:
|single room charge:
* 5% surcharge during high season (July & August, 15 Dec - 15 Jan)
- Accommodation in standard hotels based on double or multiple rooms without breakfast.
- National flight Bogota - Monteria (on request possible from a different city within Colombia)
- Transport mentioned in the program (a combination of private and public transport)
- Mentioned tours and activities including entrance fees.
- A DE UNA Guide during the whole program
- Local guides where necessary
- Lunch included with the tour to Islas del Rosario
- International flight
- Transport from Santa Marta back to Bogota
- Food and drinks not mentioned in the program
- Travel and health insurances
- Personal expenses
01 May 2014
02 September 2014
Group or private tour
The planned dates are intended for individual subscriptions, these individual subscriptions will form a group. With at least 2 participants a group tour will be confirmed. Besides a group tour it is also possible to book this tour as a private tour, this way you are not bound to the above mentioned travel dates. In this case as well a tour will be confirmed with 2 participants.
For vaccinations you are recommended to contact your doctor. For areas outside the big cities a vaccination against Yellow Fever is recommendable. For Park Tayrona you are obligated to have a Yellow fever vaccination and be able to show you are vaccinated.
Sleeping hights and average temperature
All sleeping heights of this tour are on sea level with an average temperature of 20-35ºC
DE UNA can provide international flight as well as national flights. If necessary please ask us for the possibilities.
Furthermore it is easy to extend the tour with numerous packages to other interesting coastal places or with one of our packages inland. Some possibilities are:
- Extension with a trip to Nabusimake
- Extension with a trip to la Guajira / Alta Guajira
- Extension with a trip to San Andres / Providencia
- Extension with a dive course in Taganga
Look on our FAQ page for important information about our tours and over travelling in Colombia in general.